RegTech is one of the fastest growing subsectors of FinTech and is promising to revolutionise the way companies deal with regulatory compliance. Our client is at the forefront of this exciting new sector and are looking to significantly increase their headcount!
This position will design, implement and continuously improve their platform’s backend algorithms, data models, services, and APIs in collaboration with DevOps, UX/UI experts, front-end app developers, and industry experts:
- Work with a DevOps and follow Backend expert to establish a best-practice development, test/staging, production, and web app performance monitoring environments and related tools.
- Help refine our back-end User Stories and Test Criteria.
- Design, test and implement our back-end information architecture, algorithms, data storage, notifications, and other platform services to meet User Story requirements.
- Design and implement secure, well-structured APIs for front-end developers to access your back-end services.
- Integrate our back-end services with third-party data APIs, including for machine learning environments and commercial partners.
- Ensure our application platform remains scalable, stable, secure, resilient, documented, and maintainable.
- Maintain back-end code, including resolving any issues that do make it into production as fast as their assigned priority and severity levels dictate.
Other key attributes include:
- Be an analytical and intelligent thought leader
- Have an eye for detail! ie. take your time to talk, question, design, plan, and test thoroughly before releasing.
- Have the ability to put your hand up and take responsibility and fix mistakes that make it into production
- As previously mentioned, a creative thinker who has a genuine interest in the future of the company.
- Keen to progress with the most modern technologies
- You’re motivated by challenging algorithms and service/system design for a very large user base.
- You have a curiosity to develop further into areas like AI/Machine Learning with large, complex data sets.
Technology Expertise and Job Requirements:
- At least 2 years of NodeJS experience writing production code in large-scale web-based architectures
- 1+ years’ experience delivering production platforms in Python
- Experience in at least one object-oriented programming, e.g. Java, C++, C#
- Experience in at least one SQL technology
- Experience designing and building well-structured APIs
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science
- Knowledge of NoSQL technologies, Elastic Search, and machine learning environments like Azure ML, Google Cloud ML / Predictive Analytics, Amazon ML a big advantage
- Experience writing technical specifications and documentations.
- Experience with any agile software development methodologies
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
Does this sound like the challenge you are looking for? Get in contact now for a confidential discussion behind the company and why it is the most exciting role in the FinTech market right now!
Please take a moment to apply online with your resume below.